Visit the beautiful city of Arnasco during your holiday in Liguria, Italy.
The "Murales di Arnasco" are famous, and they continue to be enlarged by new works of art.
Chiesa parrocchiale di Nostra Signora Assunta in Chiesa, headquarters of the municipality
Castello dei Cazulini in Bezzo
Ruderi del castello dei del Carretto from the 13th century in Chiesa
Torre di Davide (o "Ture de Davì") above Menosio
The "Murales di Arnasco": Since the middle of the 1990s, a large work of art came into being through the painting of the walls along country road 35 which traverses the whole country. By so doing, professional artists are addressing the topics of civilization and over time several dozen wall paintings have come into existence.
The ancient ruins of the territory are located in the former Roman village of Arveglio, which can no longer be seen today. According to the Genoan historian Agostino Giustiniani, the village had about 250 inhabitants by the year 1537.
This hypothesis is supported by the discovery of Roman city walls and several courtyards near the Proto-Roman church of San Dalmazzo – which dates back to the 10th - 11th century and is located in the valley next to River Arveglio.
Arnasco is part of the municipality of Chiesa and lies in the hinterland of Albenga, about 40 km southwest of Savona, the provincial capital. One can reach there via the SP19 from Albenga.