Castellazzo is a small Ligurian mountain village above Dolcedo. It is a good starting point for walks to Mont Faudo or the woods of Dolcedo.
It has an old castle belonging to the Manfredi from the 11th century
The medieval church: Chiesa matrice dell'Assunta
Castellazzo was a castle which in 1028 was in the possession of Marquis Oldorico Manfredi. It then came under the possession of Arduin of Ivrea and thereafter it belonged to Countess Adelaide of Susa. At the beginning of the twelfth century it was in the possession of Margrave Bonifacio del Vasto who later handed it over to his son, the Marquis of Clavesana.
This locality is part of the municipality of Dolcedo, and belonging to the same municipality are other villages too: Bellissimi, Costa Carnara, Isolalunga, Lecchiore, Magliani, Monte Faudo, Ripalta, Santa Brigida and Trincheri. If one follows the SP42 from Dolcedo and drives up the mountain in the direction of Costa Carnara, the road to Castellazzo branches off to the right just after Costa Carnara.