Visit the beautiful town of San Colombano Certenoli during your holiday in Liguria, Italy.
San Colombano Certenoli
It is beautiful place belonging to the Chiesa Nuova Comune, 30 km to the east of Genoa
The Church of Santa Maria Assunta in Certenoli,
Chiesa Parocchiale di San Colombano in San Colombano di Vignale
The city hall from 1882 in Chiesa Nuova
The "Tommasino-Andreatta" Maritime Museum in the premises of the Fontanabuona EXPO
The Farmer’s Museum in Calvari
Address of EXPO Fontanabuona: Promoprovincia Genoa Via Agostino Soracco, 7-Calvari, 16040, San Colombano Certenoli (GE)
Sagra della Porchetta on 25th April and Sagra delle caldarroste (roasted chestnuts) on 22nd October in San Colombano
The locality was first mentioned by monks in the 10th century; in 1171 the region belonged to the fiefs of the Counts of Lavagna.
The name San Colombano Certenoli was finally set in 1863. It originates from the time of the Romans - "Certinulus" was the name of the largest parliamentary group.
San Colombano Certenoli was decorated with the War Cross Medal for Bravery due to his activities in the partisan struggles during the Second World War.
The main town in the valley with the beautiful name Fontanabuona can be accessed through the State Road SSP 225 from the coastal town of Chiavari, which is located to the east of Genoa.